5 Ways to Use Free Time Productively
Whether you are a student or a working professional, there are times when you don’t have absolutely anything to do. Now, you can either spend this free time in leisure or you can use this time to do something productive. Naturally, it’s better to take the second option.
The following are 5 ways you can use your free time productively:
- Learn a New Skill
You may have completed graduation but learning shouldn’t stop at this point. There is always a new skill to learn, especially in today’s competitive world. Besides, there is a slew of platforms that offer comprehensive courses that can add value to your life. Many of these are even free.
Since there are so many skills that you can choose from, it’s wise to pick the ones that have some application in your life. For instance, if you are a software developer, then you can benefit from learning a new programming language, especially one that’s in huge demand. Similarly, if you are a digital marketer, then you can learn new techniques and tools like Buffer, HootSuite, etc.
The following are some of the best platforms for online courses that you can pick from:
- Coursera: Is a partner with some of the best institutes and universities around the world. You can find a wide range of free courses from universities, trusts, and museums.
- Udemy: Another major platform that offers free courses like Coursera. However, you also get the option of creating custom courses with different lessons.
- Stanford Online: Offers session-based premium courses from Stanford University that you can take as per your own pace. However, the overall coverage of topics can be limited in some courses.
- Start a Blog
Did you ever think of launching a blog but never got around it? If you are able to get some free time on a regular basis, then you can use it to finally materialize your idea for good.
Starting a blog has many benefits. For starters, it allows you to work on your communication skills as you learn to express yourself with more fluency and authority. Plus, you can generate some passive income if your blog becomes popular. At any rate, blogging can be quite a therapeutic and fulfilling experience.
One of the best blogging platforms for 2019 is WordPress. In fact, it’s used for some of the biggest websites like TechCrunch, BBC America, and Sony Music. Plus, it’s easy to use and offers a good range of attractive themes that can be used for different types of subjects- photography, fashion, etc.
To set up a WordPress blog, take the following steps:
- Get a domain name (name of the website that follows a format like www.YourWesbite.com) and web hosting service (on platforms like HostGator and Bluehost)
- Install WordPress program from cPanel (accessible when your hosting service is active)
- Pick an appropriate WordPress theme
- Start writing blog posts!
- Try Your Luck with Online Casinos
Did you know that you can use your free time to have enjoyment and earn money at the same time? With online casinos, you can do that!
There are all kinds of online casinos where you can play games like poker, roulette, slots, etc. You can even play these games on your smartphone which means that they are accessible whether you are at home or traveling. Plus, there offer exciting bonuses, cashbacks, jackpots, and other features to keep you hooked. If you are interested in checking them out, then you can visit this Indian website.
- Clean Up Your House
A tidy home fosters positivity and mental peace. So, when you have free time at hand, you can use it to improve the décor, clean dirty switchboards and furniture, etc. and get rid of the clutter.
Cleaning your house is important because it:
- Makes it easier to find things
- Improves the visual appeal of the place
- Allows you to be creative
- Creates a stress-free environment
Exercising has numerous benefits. It improves your mood, makes you feel confident about yourself as it gets you in better shape, and also improves your health. So, when you don’t have anything to do, you can engage in some cardio exercises at home or just head to the nearest gym. If you are able to get only a limited amount of time, then you can try the following 10-minutes workouts:
Lean strength workout
- Squats, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- Push-Ups, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- Reverse Lunges, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- Double Crunches, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- Mountain Climbers, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- March in Place, 60 sec
- Push-ups, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- Lunges, 30 sec | 30-sec rest
- March in Place, 60 sec
So, there you have it- some of the best ways to use your free time and be productive. As soon as you will start incorporating them in your lives, you will begin to experience a positive change.